The Automated Derivation of Semantics from ERP Databases
|Published in:||Issue 3, (Vol. 4) / 2010|
|Author(s):||BUCHMANN Robert Andrei , MEZA Radu , HEJJA Anita|
|Abstract.||The paper proposes a model for automating enterprise resource planning data semantization through formal concept derivation based on the ERP relational database existing in most companies with an underlying management support software infrastructure. The problem is stated in the context of a convergence between the Semantic Web and the clustering technique derived from formal concept analysis. As the society shifts from a data-driven cybernetic system towards a knowledgedriven one, databases must be backed up by knowledge management systems, thus ERP databases should be extended with semantic capabilities, specifically explicit descriptions of relationships and conceptualization of the entities detected in the relational model. For human resources management, this opens new potential for talent and competence management, by employing artificial intelligence tools over datasets that are currently exploited for low-level, operational management, usually in querying and reporting scenarios.|
|Keywords:||ERP, Formal Concept Analysis, Intent, Extent|
1. M. Daconta, L. Obrst, and K. Smith, The Semantic Web – A Guide To The Future Of Xml, Web Services And Knowledge Management, Wiley Publishing Inc. 2003
2. R. Buchmann, Rolul XML în interoperabilitatea sistemelor informatice pentru afaceri, Ed. Risoprint, 2007
3. D. Allemang and J. Hendler, Semantic Web For The Working Ontologist, Morgan Kaufman, 2008
4. J. Hebeler, Semantic Web Programming, Wiley, 2009
5. F. De Saussure, Course In General Linguistics, Books Llc, 2009
6. C. Săcărea, R. Meza and M. Cimpoi, “Improving Conceptual Search Results Reorganization Using Term Concept Mappings Retrieved From Wikipedia”. Cluj-Napoca: 2008 IEEE International Conference On Automation, Quality And Testing, Robotics (AQTR) Conference Proceedings, 2008.
7. Y. Tian, A System For Automated Content Organization – Ph.D. Thesis Available at http://etd.ohiolink.edu/view.cgi?acc_num=case1151077 709 (Jul, 2010), Case Western Reserve University, 2006.
8. Rdflib Homepage, Available at http://www.rdflib.net/ (Jul, 2010)
9. B. Ganter, G. Stumme, and R. Wille (Eds), “Formal Concept Analysis: Foundations and Applications”, Lecture Notes In Artificial Intelligence 3626, Springer Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2005
10. B. Ganter, “Two Basic Algorithms In Concept Analysis”, Lecture Notes On Computer Science 5986, pp.312- 340, Springer Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2010
11. S.O. Kuznetsov and S.A. Obiedkov, “Algorithms For The Construction Of Concept Lattices”, Lecture Notes In Computer Science 2168, pp.289-300, Springer Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2001
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.