Robust multiple image watermarking scheme using discrete cosine transform with multiple descriptions
|Published in:||Issue 2, (Vol. 3) / 2009|
|Author(s):||Chandra Mohan B., Srinivas Kumar S.|
|Abstract.||A novel oblivious and robust multiple image watermarking scheme using Multiple Descriptions (MD) and Quantization Index Modulation (QIM) of the host image is presented in this paper. Watermark embedding is done at two stages. In the first stage, Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT) of odd description of the host image is computed. The watermark image is embedded in the resulting DC coefficients. In the second stage, a copy of the watermark image is embedded in the watermarked image generated at the first stage. This enables us to achieve robustness to both local and global attacks. This algorithm is highly robust for different attacks on the watermarked image and superior in terms of Peak Signal to Noise Ratio (PSNR) and Normalized Cross correlation (NC).|
|Keywords:||Digital Multimedia, Embedded Algorithm,watermarking Scheme, Compressed Images.|
1. Chu, W.C., 2003. DCT based image watermarking using sub sampling, IEEE Transactions Multimedia, pp.34-38.
2. Wang, Y., Alan Pearmain., 2004. Blind image data hiding based on self reference. Pattern Recognition Letters 25, pp. 1681-1689.
3. Barni, M., Bartolini, M., Piva, F.V., 2001. Improved wavelet based watermarking through pixel-wise masking. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing 10, pp. 783-791.
4. Lee, C., Lee, H., 2005. Geometric attack resistant watermarking in wavelet transform domain, Optics Express vol.13, no.4, pp.1307- 1321.
5. Chandra Mohan B, Srinivas Kumar S, Chatterjee B.N.,2006. Digital Image watermarking in dual domains at IET Visual Information Engineering, VIE 2006 at Leela Palace, Bangalore, 26- 28th September 2006.
6. Santi P.Maity, Malay K Kundu, 2009. DHT domain digital watermarking with low loss in image informations, International Journal of Electronics and Communications, 2009. in press. 7. Srinivas Kumar S, Chandra Mohan B, Chatterjee B.N., 2007. An oblivious image watermarking scheme using singular value decomposition. IASTED, International conference on Signal and Image Processing, at Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, August 20-22.
8. Yongdong, Wu, 2005. On the Security of an SVD based ownership watermarking. IEEE transactions on Multimedia, vol 7. no.4.
9. Chandramouli,R.,Graubard Benjamin, M., Richmond Colin, R., 2001. A multiple description framework for oblivious watermarking. Proceeding of Security and Watermarking and Multimedia contents III, SPIE vol. 4314.
10. Chen, B., Wornell, G.W., 1998. Digital watermarking and information embedding using dither modulation. Proceedings of the IEEE workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing (MMSP-98), Redondo Beach, CA, December.
12. Morgan JPEG 2000 Tool Box, http://Morgan-Multimedia.com.
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.