European Integration Knowledge Management in Collaborative Environment
|Published in:||Issue 2, (Vol. 2) / 2008|
|Author(s):||Podean Marius, Rusu Lucia, Lutas Mihaela, Jecan Sergiu|
|Abstract.||The goal of this paper is to create a collaborative model of a student centered learning system that will enable a greater efficiency in the collegiate learning, concerning both the skills acquired by student and the time and costs involved in providing the content. The model will stimulate the acquisition of high level skills like active thinking, analysis and problem solving, and also the collaboration between members. Our solution provides interactive functions for login students and upload their work, the teacher's feedback, Real-time chat Room and discussion forum. For collaborative approach we provide functions such for group management, group collaborative learning, access to shared resources. Metadata concepts and XML technology was used for modeling course and optimized learning materials and collaboration reports.|
|Keywords:||Collaboration Model, Personalized Interface, Blended E-learning|
1. Garrison Randy, Vaughan Norm. From Blended Learning to Blended ONLINE Learning, American Educational Research Association, Instructional, Design SIG, New York, USA, 2007
2. Power, M. Responsible outreach in higher education: the Blended Online Learning Environment. American Educational Research Association, Instructional, Design SIG, New York, USA, 24-28 March.
3. Power, M. A dual-mode university instructional design model for academic development. International Journal for Academic Development, 13:1, 5 – 16. DOI: 10.1080/13601440701860185. URL:http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13601440701860185
5. MEGZARI OMAR, LEI YUAN, AHMED KARMOUCH, Meta-Data and Media Management in a Multimedia Interactive Telelearning System, Multimedia Tools and Applications, 16, 137–160, 2002, _c 2002 Kluwer Academic Publishers. Manufactured in The Netherlands.
6. Chiang T. A., Trappey A. J. C., Ku C. C. Using a knowledge-based intelligent system to support dynamic design reasoning for a collaborative design community, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, May 2006, Pages 1 - 13, DOI 10.1007/s00170- 005-0231-6, URL http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00170-005- 0231-6
7. IEEE LTSC Draft Document, “Learning Object Metadata,” Vol. 2.5, December 14, 1998.
8. Encheva S, Sharil T, Collaborative Role Management for Sharing Protected Web Resources, Y. Luo(Ed.):CDVE 2004, LNCS 3190,pp. 221–229, 2004
9. Ferraiolo, D., Kuhn., D. R., Chandramouli R., 2003. RoleBased Access Control. ArtechHouse, Computer Security Series
10. Garrison R., Vaughan N., 2007. From Blended Learning to Blended ONLINE Learning, American Educational Research Association, Instructional, Design SIG, New York, USA
11.Lucia Rusu - The Role Management in Sharing Knowledge Resources, The Eighth International Conference on Informatics in Economy, Bucharest, may, 2007
12.Lucia Rusu, Marius Podean, Sharing Resources And Access In Collaborative Systems, , in Proceedings of the E-Learning 2008, IADIS Multiconference on Computer Science and Information Systems, 22-25 July 2008, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, vol 2, Ed. IADIS Press , ISBN: 978-972-8924- 58-4, pag. 71-74
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.