Robotic Process Automation in Higher Education: A Case Study on University Daily Sheets
|Published in:||Issue 2, (Vol. 17) / 2023|
|Author(s):||TOMA Marian- Vlăduț|
|Abstract.||Modern higher education institutions have become increasingly reliant on digital technologies to streamline their operations and enhance the learning experience. The automation of daily sheets collection and signing represents a strategic endeavor in this direction, facilitating organized, timely, and efficient data management. The current case study focuses on understanding and developing an automated mechanism for the collection of daily sheets activities in a higher education institution. In this endeavor, the primary objective is to streamline the administrative processes associated with daily activities in a higher educational setup, leveraging the principles of Robotic Process Automation to efficiently collect, process, analyze and sign documents related to these activities|
|Keywords:||Higher Education, Robotic Process Automation, UiPath, Public Institutions|
1. B. Khan et al., “Automation in Higher Education: A Bibliometric Analysis of Emerging Research Trends,” Educational Technology Research and Development, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 1857–1882, 2020.
2. A. Smith and J. Anderson, “AI in Education: Promises and Implications for Teaching and Learning,” in 2020 IEEE 6th International Conference on Cloud Computing and Big Data Analytics (ICCCBDA), 2020, pp. 342-346.
3. J. K. Liker and J. M. Morgan, “The Toyota Way in Services: The Case of Lean Product Development,” Academy of Management Perspectives, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 5-20, May 2010.
4. D. Ifenthaler, “Automated Feedback in Educational Settings,” in IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 531-536, 2019.
5. S. A. Awad and E. M. Elsemary, “Concerns of Higher Educational Institutions Adopting Automation: A Literature Review,” Education and Information Technologies, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 1849-1869, 2021.
6. J. Bichsel, "Analytics in Higher Education: Benefits, Barriers, Progress, and Recommendations," EDUCAUSE Center for Applied Research, 2012.
7. C. C. Bonwell, and J. A. Eison, "Active learning: Creating excitement in the classroom. 1991 ASHE-ERIC Higher Education Reports," ERIC, 1991.
8. P. West, "Learning management systems in an era of big data and social media: An environmental scan and review of opportunities for improving student engagement," IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 293–308, 2016.
9. K. Vanlehn, "The relative effectiveness of human tutoring, intelligent tutoring systems, and other tutoring systems," Educational Psychologist, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 197-221, 2011.
10. S. Steenbergen-Hu, and H. Cooper, "A meta-analysis of the effectiveness of intelligent tutoring systems on college students’ academic learning," Journal of Educational Psychology, vol. 105, no. 4, pp. 970-987, 2013.
11. K. E. Arnold, and M. D. Pistilli, "Course signals at Purdue: Using learning analytics to increase student success," in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge, ACM, 2012, pp. 267-270.
12. M. J. Bishop and J. Elen, “Barriers to Technology Integration in Instructional Settings,” in The Cambridge Handbook of Multimedia Learning, Cambridge Handbooks in Psychology. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2020, pp. 67-88.
13. J. Lacity and L.P. Willcocks, "Robotic Process Automation at Telefónica O2," MIS Quarterly Executive, vol. 15, no. 1, 2016.
14. M. Chui, J. Manyika, and M. Miremadi, "Four fundamentals of workplace automation," McKinsey Quarterly, 2015.
15. W. Van Der Aalst, V. Rubin, H. Verbeek, B. Van Dongen, E. Kindler, and C.W. Günther, "Process mining: a two-step approach to balance between underfitting and overfitting," Software & Systems Modeling, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 87-111, 2010.
16. S. Lacity, "Robotic Process Automation: Mature Capabilities in the Energy Sector," in 34th International Conference on Information Systems, Milan, 2013.
17. G. Wesselink, W. Harinck, and J. Berenschot, "Implementing Robotic Process Automation in Organizations," Management Control & Accounting, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 7–27, 2018.
18. V. Bahtiyar and M. Alasgarova, "Automating Financial Processes in Higher Education," in Procedia Computer Science, vol. 120, pp. 524-531, 2017.
19. M. Eaton, "Robotization and Higher Education: Building a Framework for Robotic Process Automation," in 2019 IEEE 19th International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT), 2019, pp. 61-62.
20. L. A. G. Oud, "Improving Service Delivery in Higher Education by Modular Transformation and Automation," Performance Improvement, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 37–44, 2017.
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.