Big Data Security Issues and Challenges
|Published in:||Issue 2, (Vol. 15) / 2021|
|Author(s):||KAREEM, Shahab, HASAN Aesha, HAWEZI Roojwan, MUHEDEN Karwan, KHOSHABA Farah|
|Abstract.||Every day, the amount of data on the globe increases. Big data a word used to describe a vast array of sets of data that are very big and complicated that has recently become common, is facing significant security and privacy issues. Conventional privacy and security systems are inefficient and unable to keep up with the fast pace environment development of data in such a dynamic distributed computing system because of big data's shared characteristics, including volume, variety, and velocity related to the increased public cloud as well as the Internet of Things (IoT). As information technology is widely employed for decision-making by businesses and governments throughout the world, security risk minimization is becoming more critical in big data infrastructure and services. Modern security systems have been unable to keep up using today's technology's flexibility, scalability, and adaptation, which are essential for large data. To fill that void in the literature, this article represents an experimental first step to use first concepts. To start, we define the latest trends in big data in a detailed manner defining eleven Vs as significant aspects of data mining that contribute to the imminent security issue. Next, to uncover the key privacy and security challenges of data analytics, the eleven Vs are used to represent the three stages of the big information life cycle. Finally, presents the literature review of securing and protecting huge data challenges with emphasis on the distinguishing features of Big Data. This thesis will pave the way for further studies into this crucial area of big data protection.|
|Keywords:||Big Data, Privacy Issues, Security Risks, Exabyte’s, Data Analytics|
1. J. F. Barker, P. A. C. White, M. Mozafari und D. Ha, „An empirical study of the rise of big data in business scholarship”, International Journal of Information Management, pp. 403-413, 2016.
2. A. K. Bhardwaj and M. Singh, “Data mining-based integrated network traffic visualization framework for threat detection,” Neural Comput & Applic (2015) 26, p. 117–130, 2015.
3. Shavan Askar, Zhala Jameel Hamad, Shahab Wahhab Kareem, „Deep Learning and Fog Computing: A Review”, International Journal of Science and Business, pp. 197-208, 6 5 2021.
4. Sami H. Ismael, Shahab Wahhab Kareem, Firas H. Almukhtar, „Medical Image Classification Using Different Machine Learning Algorithms”, AL-Rafidain Journal of Computer Sciences and Mathematics, pp. 135-147, 1 14 2020.
5. E. Bozdag, “Bias in algorithmic filtering and personalization,” Ethics Inf Technol (2013) 15, p. 209–227, 2013.
6. V. Chang and G. Wills, “A MODEL TO COMPARE CLOUD AND NON-CLOUD STORAGE OF BIG DATA,” Future Generation Computer Systems, pp. 56 - 76, 2016.
7. Shadan Mohammed et al, „An approach for enhancing data confidentiality in Hadoop”, Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, pp. 1547-1555, 3 20 2020.
8. S. W. kareem, Hybrid Public Key Encryption Algorithms for E-Commerce., Salahadin university, 2009.
9. Shavan Askar, Kosrat Dlshad Ahmed, Shahab Wahhab Kareem”, Deep learning Utilization in SDN Networks: A Review”, International Journal of Science and Business, pp. 174-182, 6 5 2021.
10. N. Chaudhari and D. S. Srivastava, “Big Data Security Issues and challengesBig Data Security Issues and challenges,” International Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation (ICCCA2016), pp. 978-1-5090-1666-2/16/$31.00, 2016.
11. Shavan Askar, Ibrahim Shamal Abdulkhaleq, Shahab Wahhab Kareem, “Blockchain systems: analysis, applications, & risks,” International Journal of Science and Business, pp. 163-173, 6 5 2021.
12. M. Chen, S. Mao and Y. Liu, “Big Data: A Survey,” Mobile Netw Appl (2014) 19, p. 171–209, 2014.
13. J. W. Crampton, “Collect it all: national security, Big Data and governance,” GeoJournal (2015) 80, p. 519–531, 2015.
14. Y. Demchenko, C. Ngo, C. d. Laat, P. Membrey and D. Gordijenko, “Big Security for Big Data: Addressing Security Challenges for the Big Data Infrastructure,” W. Jonker and M. Petkovic´ (Eds.):, pp. 76–94,, 2014.
15. A. Gandomi and M. Haider, “Beyond the hype: Big data concepts, methods, and analytics,” International Journal of Information Management, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 137-144, 2015.
16. E. Y. Gorodov and V. V. Gubarev, “Analytical Review of Data Visualization Methods in Application to Big Data,” Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering / 2013, pp. 1-22, 2013.
17. R. Z. Yousif, S. W. Kareem und S. M. Abdalwahid3, „Enhancing Approach for Information Security in Hadoop”, Polytechnic Journal, pp. 10(1): 81-87, 2020.
18. S. Hota, “BIG DATA ANALYSIS ON YOUTUBE USING HADOOP and MAPREDUCE,” International Journal of Computer Engineering in Research Trends, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 105-113, 2018.
19. T. Huang, L. Lan, X. Fang, P. An, J. Min and F. Wang, “Promises and Challenges of Big Data Computing in Health Sciences,” Big Data Research, 2015.
20. Roojwan S Ismael, Rami S Youail, Shahab Wahhab Kareem, „Image encryption by using RC4 algorithm”, European Academic Research, pp. 5833-5839, 2 4 2014.
21. B. B. Jayasingh, M. R. Patra and D. B. Mahesh, “SECURITY ISSUES AND CHALLENGES OF BIG DATA ANALYTICS,” IEEE, pp. 978-1-5090-5256-1/16/$31.00, 2016.
22. Shadan Mohammed Jihad Abdalwahid, Raghad Zuhair Yousif, Shahab Wahhab Kareem, „Enhancing approach using hybrid pailler and RSA for information security in bigdata”, Applied Computer Science, 15 2019.
23. Shahab. w. kareem, „Secure Cloud Approach Based on Okamoto-Uchiyama Cryptosystem”, Journal of Applied Computer Science & Mathematics, pp. 9-13, 1 14 2020.
24. Shahab Wahhab Kareem, Raghad Zuhair Yousif, Shadan Mohammed Jihad Abdalwahid, „An approach for enhancing data confidentiality in Hadoop”, Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, p. pp. 1547~1555, 3 20 2020.
25. C. Liu, C. Yang, X. Zhang and J. Chen, “External integrity verification for outsourced big data in cloud and IoT: A big picture,” Future Generation Computer Systems 49, p. 58–67, 2015.
26. B. Miller, M. Beard and N. Bliss, “Eigenspace Analysis for Threat Detection in Social Networks,” In: 14th International Conference on Information Fusion, (2011), IEEE., pp. 1-7, 2011.
27. H. Xiao, B. Biggio, G. Brown, G. Fumera, C. Eckert and F. Roli, “Is Feature Selection Secure against Training Data Poisoning?”, International Conference on Machine, p. 1689–1698, 2015.
28. Z. Yan, W. Ding, V. Niemi and A. V. Vasilakos, “Two Schemes of Privacy-Preserving Trust Evaluation,” Future Generation Computer Systems, pp. 1-15, 2015.
29. X. Wu, Zhu, . G. Wu and W. Ding, “Data Mining with Big Data,” IEEE T. Knowl.Data En., 26 (2014), p. 97–107, 2014.
30. R. Z. Yousif, S. W. Kareem and S. M. Abdalwahid3, “Enhancing Approach for Information Security in Hadoop,” Polytechnic Journal, pp. 10(1): 81-87, 2020.
31. U, Jaseena K; David, Julie M, “ISSUES, CHALLENGES, AND SOLUTIONS: BIG DATA MINING,” Computer Science & Information Technology (CS & IT), pp. 131–140, 2014., 2014.
32. P. Jing, “A New Model of Data Protection on Cloud Storage,” JOURNAL OF NETWORKS, vol. 9, p. 666–671, 2014.
33. Abdalwahid, S. M. J., Ismael, S., & Shahab Wahhab kareem., „Pre-Cancer Diagnosis via TP53 Gene Mutations Applied Ensemble Algorithms,” Technium BioChemMed, pp. 9-16, 4 2 2021.
34. Shadan M. Abdalwahid3 Raghad Z. Yousif1,2*, Shahab W. Kareem3, „Enhancing Approach for Information Security in Hadoop”, Polytechnic Journal, pp. 81-87, 1 10 2020.
35. Sardar Al-Jumur, Shahab Wahhab Kareem, Raghad z.yousif, „Predicting temperature of erbil city applying deep learning and neural network,” Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, pp. 944-952, 2 22 2021.
36. Shahab Kareem, Mehmet C Okur, „Bayesian Network Structure Learning Using Hybrid Bee Optimization and Greedy Search”, in Çukurova University, Adana, Turkey, 2018.
37. C. Rebelloa and E. Tavaresa, “Big Data Privacy Context: Literature Effects on Secure Informational Assets,” TRANSACTIONS ON DATA PRIVACY 1 (2018), p. 1–21, 2018.
38. G. Tarekegn and Y. Munaye, “BIG DATA: SECURITY ISSUES”, International Journal of Computer Engineering & Technology (IJCET), vol. 7, no. 4, p. 12–24, 2016.
39. Shahab Wahhab Kareem, Mehmet Cudi Okur, „Pigeon Inspired Optimization of Bayesian Network Structure Learning and a Comparative Evaluation”, Journal of Cognitive Science, pp. 535-552, 4 20 2019.
40. C. McNeely and J. Hahm, “The Big (Data) Bang: Policy, Prospects, and Challenges,” Review of Policy Research, vol. 31, pp. 305-310, 2014.
41. B. Nelson and T. Olovsson, “Security and Privacy for Big Data: A Systematic,” 2016 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (Big Data): 3693-3702, pp. 3693-3702, 2016.
42. G. Tarekegn and Y. Munaye, “BIG DATA: SECURITY ISSUES, CHALLENGES AND FUTURE SCOPE,” International Journal of Computer Engineering & Technology (IJCET), vol. 7, no. 4, p. 12–24, 2016.
43. N. Rastogi, M. J. K. Gloria and J. Hendler, “SECURITY AND PRIVACY OF PERFORMING DATA ANALYTICS IN THE CLOUD,” Journal of Information Policy, vol. 5, p. 129–154, 2015.
44. R. Rawat and R. Yadav, “Big Data: Big Data Analysis, Issues and Challenges and Technologies,” IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering, p. 1022 (2021) 012014, 2021.
45. N. Kshetri, “The emerging role of Big Data in key,” Big Data & Society, p. 1–20, 2014.
46. X. Jin, B. W. Wah, X. Cheng and Y. Wang, “Significance and Challenges of Big Data Research,” Big Data Research, p. 59–64, 2015.
47. M. Khan, M. Uddin and N. Gupta, “Seven V’s of Big Data Understanding Big Data to extract Value,” Proceedings of 2014 Zone 1 Conference of the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE Zone 1), p. 1–5, 2014.
48. N. Kumar, A. Vasilakos and J. Rodrigues, “A Multi-Tenant Cloud-Based DC Nano Grid for Self-Sustained Smart Buildings in Smart Cities,” IEEE Communications Magazine, p. 14–21, 2017.
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.