Web Portal Development with Different Cloud Containers: Docker vs. Kubernetes
|Published in:||Issue 2, (Vol. 15) / 2021|
|Author(s):||GORDIN Ionel, GRAUR Adrian, ADOMNITEI Cezar Ion|
|Abstract.||The IT world is moving in the direction of containers on bare metal, virtual machines, and cloud computing. Most enterprises started implementing a container strategy already. Adoption of containers and microservices is a real fact and is transforming how enterprises are deploying IT infrastructure. Docker and Kubernetes are two of the most known container solutions. The current article is focusing on web portal development from container’s perspective. Choosing the best cloud solution for our organization can be challenging. This paper provides a comparative study of these two cloud container solutions regarding their implementation complexity, overall stability and performance comparison from standpoint of web portal development.|
|Keywords:||Container, Web Portal, Cloud Computing, Docker, Kubernetes|
1. Docker, "Play with Docker," 25 10 2021. Online. Available: https://labs.play-with-docker.com/.
2. "Kubernetes vs. Docker," LogDNA, Online. Available: https://www.logdna.com/learn-kubernetes/kubernetes-vs-docker. Accessed 25 10 2021.
3. E. Kim, K. Lee and C. Yoo, "On the Resource Management of Kubernetes," in ICOIN, Jeju Island, Korea, 2020.
4. A. Moncsek, "Event-Driven Microservices With Vert.x and Kubernetes (Part 2 of 3)," Online. Available: https://dzone.com/articles/event-driven-microservices-with-vertx-and-kubernet-1. Accessed 26 10 2021.
5. N. Marathe, A. Gandhi and J. M. Shah, "Docker Swarm and Kubernetes in Cloud Computing Environment," in ICOEI, Tirunelveli, India, 2019.
6. S. Wang, L. Zhu and M. Cheng, "Docker-based Web Server Instructional System," in ICIS, Beijing, China, 2019.
7. D. D. Jay Shah, "Building Modern Clouds: Using Docker, Kubernetes & Google Cloud Platform," in CCWC, Las Vegas, NV, USA, 2019.
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.