Business Process Modeling of a GDPR Compliant System for Research Project Management
|Published in:||Issue 2, (Vol. 13) / 2019|
|Author(s):||ARBA Raluca, ARBA Adrian Vasile|
|Abstract.||The digitization process and the wide use of Internet technologies have brought easy access to information and a significant improvement in the quality of life. At the same time it has also brought problems when dealing with privacy and personal data. European Union has issued the 679/2016 Regulation in order to set a legal framework for data protection and privacy. The law created a framework but the issue of translating this law into technical solutions remained the task of IT industry. The aim of this paper is to analyze the principles of data protection and translate them into a GDPR compliant model for research project management|
|Keywords:||GDPR, Privacy By Design, Privacy By Default, Research Projects|
1. Cavoukian, A. And Stoianov, A., 2007. Biometric Encryption. Biometric Technology Today, Vol. 15, No. 3, P. 11.
2. European Commission, 2011. Privacy And Data Protection Impact Assessment Framework For Rfid Applications, No. January, P. 1–24
3. European Commission, 2018, Data protection rules as a trust-enabler in the EU and beyond – taking stock. (COM/2019/374), July 2019
4. European Union GDPR 679/2016, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) available at: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/reg/2016/679/oj
5. It Governance, Conducting a Data Flow Mapping Exercise Under the GDPR, GREEN PAPER, available at:https://www.itgovernance.co.uk/green-papers/data-flow-mapping-under-the-gdpr
6. Monreale, A., Rinzivillo, S., Pratesi, F., Giannotti, F., And Pedreschi, D., 2014 ,Privacy-By-Design In Big Data Analytics And Social Mining. Epj Data Science, Vol. 3, No. 1, P. 1–26.
7. Notario, N., Crespo, A., Martin, Y.S., Del Alamo, J.M., Metayer, D. Le, Antignac, T.,Kung, A., Kroener, I., And Wright, D., 2015. Pripare: Integrating Privacy Best Practices Into A Privacy Engineering Methodology. Proceedings - 2015 Ieee Security And Privacy Workshops, Spw 2015, P. 151–158.
8. Oetzel, M.C. And Spiekermann, S., 2014. A Systematic Methodology For Privacy Impact Assessments: A Design Science Approach. European Journal Of Information Systems, Vol. 23, No. 2, P. 126–150.
9. Schaar, P., 2010. Privacy By Design. Identity In The Information Society - Special Issue, Vol.3, No. 2, P. 267–274.
10. Vemou K.,Karyda M., An evaluation framework for privacy impact assessment methods,12th Mediterranean Conference on Information Systems (MCIS2018)At: Corfu, Greece, 2018
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.