|Paper title:||LABEEB: Intelligent Conversational Agent Approach to Enhance Course Teaching and Allied Learning Outcomes attainment|
|Published in:||Issue 1, (Vol. 13) / 2019Download|
|Abstract.||Conversational agents also known as Chatbots are the future of human-machine interaction. Classes with large number of students turn out to be a source of worry to the lecturers since they have to respond to their inquiries immediately. Embedding Chatbots in education systems is a necessity to boost the interaction between students and lectures especially those shy students feel ashamed of asking. Such systems possibly will assist the students to attain better learning outcomes. This paper presents Labeeb (Wiseman in Arabic) a conversational agents respond to student inquiries in specific course, objectives, learning outcomes and academic rules and regulations. Labeeb receives either text or speech inquiries, then respond in both written text and speech reply|
|Keywords:||Chatbot, Conversational Agent, Technology In Education, Technology For Academic Accreditation|
|References:||1. Winkler R, Soellner M. Unleashing the Potential of Chatbots in Education: A State-Of-The-Art Analysis. Acad. Manag. Proc. 2018;
2. Brahnam S, De Angeli A. Gender affordances of conversational agents. Interact. Comput. 2012;
3. Laranjo L, Dunn AG, Tong HL, Kocaballi AB, Chen J, Bashir R, et al. Conversational agents in healthcare: A systematic review. J. Am. Med. Informatics Assoc.2018;
4. Provoost S, Lau HM, Ruwaard J, Riper H. Embodied conversational agents in clinical psychology: A scoping review. J. Med. Internet Res.2017;
5. Miner AS, Milstein A, Schueller S, Hegde R, Mangurian C, Linos E. Smartphone-based conversational agents and responses to questions about mental health, interpersonal violence, and physical health. JAMA Intern. Med. 2016;
6. O’Hara K, Candello H, Porcheron M, Fischer JE, Brown B, Luger E, et al. Talking with Conversational Agents in Collaborative Action. 2017.
7. Fitzpatrick KK, Darcy A, Vierhile M. Delivering Cognitive Behavior Therapy to Young Adults With Symptoms of Depression and Anxiety Using a Fully Automated Conversational Agent (Woebot): A Randomized Controlled Trial. JMIR Ment. Heal. 2017;
8. Oblinge DG. Smart machines and human expertise: challenges for higher education. Educ. Rev. 2018;
9. Clarizia F, Colace F, Lombardi M, Pascale F, Santaniello D. Chatbot: An education support system for student. In: Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics). 2018.
10. Rossi PG, Carletti S, Impedovo MA. Learning environments supported by software agents and chat-bot. In: ICSIT 2011 - 2nd International Conference on Society and Information Technologies, Proceedings. 2011.
11. Moraes S, Machado R. Chatterbot for Education: a Study based on Formal Concept Analysis for Instructional Material Recommendation. In: Anais do XXVII Simpósio Brasileiro de Informática na Educação (SBIE 2016). 2016.
12. Song D, Oh EY, Rice M. Interacting with a conversational agent system for educational purposes in online courses. In: Proceedings - 2017 10th International Conference on Human System Interactions, HSI 2017. 2017.
13. Agus Santoso H, Anisa Sri Winarsih N, Mulyanto E, Wilujeng Saraswati G, Enggar Sukmana S, Rustad S, et al. Dinus Intelligent Assistance (DINA) Chatbot for University Admission Services. In: Proceedings - 2018 International Seminar on Application for Technology of Information and Communication: Creative Technology for Human Life, iSemantic 2018. 2018.
14. A. S, John D. Survey on Chatbot Design Techniques in Speech Conversation Systems. Int. J. Adv. Comput. Sci. Appl. 2015;
15. Li J, Deng L, Haeb-Umbach R, Gong Y. Fundamentals of speech recognition. In: Robust Automatic Speech Recognition. 2015.
16. Xiong W, Droppo J, Huang X, Seide F, Seltzer M, Stolcke A, et al. The microsoft 2016 conversational speech recognition system. In: ICASSP, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing - Proceedings. 2017.
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.