Image Restoration using Voronoi Diagrams
|Published in:||Issue 2, (Vol. 12) / 2018|
|Author(s):||BILIUS Laura-Bianca, PENTIUC Stefan-Gheorghe|
|Abstract.||The restoration of digital images has become highly sought over time and this is why so many algorithms that promise a more optimal and undistorted outcome have appeared. This paper presents an algorithm for rebuilding missing areas in digital images. Compared to other algorithms, this assumes dividing the plane of the image into sub-regions using Voronoi diagrams|
|Keywords:||Image Restoration, Voronoi Diagrams, Images, Filling Missing Areas|
1. Tony Chan and Jianhong Shen, "Mathematical models for local non-texture Inpaintings", SIAM Journal of applied mathematics, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 1019-1043, 2006 Online..
2. A. Criminisi, P. Perez and K. Toyama Region, "Filling and Object Removal by Exemplar-Based Inpainting", IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 13, issue 9, pp. 1200-1212, sept. 2004.
3. Mark de Berg, Otfried Cheong, Marc van Kreveld and Mark Overmars, "Computational Geometry, Algorithms and Applications Third Edition", Springer 2008, DOI 10.1007/978-3-5-540-77974-2.
4. Mgr. Pavel Vlasanek, "Inpainting method based on the F-Transform", Doctoral thesis, University of Ostrava, Faculty of science, Department of informatics and computers, 2014.
5. Bored Panda (image) (10.07.2017) https://www.boredpanda.com/cute-animals-with-mustaches/ 10.07.2017)Online..
6. Wolfram Math World (08.11.2017) http://mathworld.wolfram.com/AngleBisector.html Online.
7. "Out of Sight, Out of Mind" https://lyfat.wordpress.com/2012/05/22/euclidean-vs-chebyshev-vs-manhattan-distance/(08.11.2017)Online.
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.