Is Toscana A Formal Concept Analysis Based Solution In Web Usage Mining?
|Published in:||Issue 2, (Vol. 6) / 2012|
|Author(s):||SITAR- TAUT Dan- Andrei|
|Abstract.||Analyzing large amount of data come from web logs represents a complex, but challenging nowadays problem with implication in various fields, thing that lets open a way for theoretically infinite approaches an implementations. The main goal of our paper represents the possibility of applying the formal concept analysis as viable solution of sustaining the web mining process, based on a technological open-source solution called TOSCANA.|
|Keywords:||Web Usage Mining, Web Mining, Data Mining, Formal Concept Analysis, Context, Relational Databases|
1. D. Mican and D.-A. Sitar-Taut, "Preprocessing and Content/Navigational Pages Identification as Premises for an Extended Web Usage Mining Model Development," Informatica Economică Journal, vol. 13, p. 10, 2009.
2. D.-A. Sitar-Taut and D. Mican, "Offline web mining analysis on various site types using classical algorithms," Journal of Applied Computer Science & Mathematics, vol. 1, p. 4, 2010.
3. D. Mican and N. Tomai, "Association-rules-based recommender system for personalization in adaptive webbased applications," presented at the Proceedings of the 10th international conference on Current trends in web engineering, Vienna, Austria, 2010.
4. B. Zhou, S. C. Hui, and K. Chang, "A formal concept analysis approach for web usage mining," in Intelligent information processing II, ed: Springer-Verlag, 2005, pp. 437-441.
5. C. Sumathi, R. Padmaja Valli, and T. Santhanam, "Automatic Recommendation of Web Pages in Web Usage Mining," International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering, vol. 2, p. 7, 2010.
6. B. Mobasher, "Web Usage Mining," in Web data mining: Exploring hyperlinks contents and usage data, B. Liu, Ed., ed: Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, 2007, pp. 449-484.
7. R. Cooley, B. Mobasher, and J. Srivastava, "Web mining: information and pattern discovery on the World Wide Web," presented at the 9th IEEE ICTAI, 1997.
8. J. Srivastava, R. Cooley, M. Deshpande, and P.-N. Tan, "Web usage mining: discovery and applications of usage patterns from Web data," SIGKDD Explor. Newsl., vol. 1, pp. 12-23, 2000.
9. M. G. d. C. Júnior and Z. Gong, "Web Structure Mining: An Introduction," in International Conference on Information Acquisition, Hong Kong and Macau, China, 2005.
10. P. Desikan, C. DeLong, S. Mane, K. Beemanapalli, K.-W. Hsu, P. Sriram, J. Srivastava, and V. Venuturumilli, Web Mining for Business Computing - University of Minnesota, 1 ed.: Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2009.
11. J. Hereth, G. Stumme, R. Wille, and U. Wille, "Conceptual Knowledge Discovery and Data Analysis Conceptual Structures: Logical, Linguistic, and Computational Issues." vol. 1867, B. Ganter and G. Mineau, Eds., ed: Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, 2000, pp. 421-437.
12. P. Becker and J. Correia, "The ToscanaJ Suite for Implementing Conceptual Information Systems Formal Concept Analysis." vol. 3626, B. Ganter, G. Stumme, and R. Wille, Eds., ed: Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, 2005, pp. 324- 348.
13. A. Brad, l. Neamtiu, S. Rausanu, and C. Sacarea, "Conceptual Knowledge Processing Grounded Logical Information System For Oncological Databases," STUDIA UNIV. BABESBOLYAI, INFORMATICA, vol. 61, p. 4, 2011.
14. R. Wille, "Why can concept lattices support knowledge discovery in databases?," Journal of Experimental & Theoretical Artificial Intelligence, vol. 14, pp. 81-92, 2002/04/01 2002.
15. R. Wille, "Conceptual graphs and formal concept analysis Conceptual Structures: Fulfilling Peirce's Dream." vol. 1257, D. Lukose, H. Delugach, M. Keeler, L. Searle, and J. Sowa, Eds., ed: Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, 1997, pp. 290-303.
16. B. Ganter and R. Wille, Formal Concept Analysis: Mathematical Foundations: Springer-Verlag New York, Inc., 1997.
17. J. Villerd, S. Ranwez, M. Crampes, and D. Carteret, "Using concept lattices for visual navigation assistance in large databases," International Journal of General Systems, vol. 38, pp. 405-425, 2009/05/01 2009.
18. P. Becker, J. Hereth, and G. Stumme, "ToscanaJ: An Open Source Tool for Qualitative Data Analysis," presented at the Advances in Formal Concept Analysis for Knowledge Discovery in Databases., Lyon, France, 2002.
19. R. Cooley, B. Mobasher, and J. Srivastava, "Data Preparation for Mining World Wide Web Browsing Patterns," KNOWLEDGE AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS, vol. 1, p. 28, 1999
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.