Ontological Model-Based Transparent Access To Information In A Medical Multi-Agent System
|Published in:||Issue 2, (Vol. 6) / 2012|
|Author(s):||GAZA- BELCIUG Felicia, TURCU Cristina|
|Abstract.||Getting the full electronic medical record of a patient is an important step in providing a quality medical service. But the degree of heterogeneity of data from health unit informational systems is very high, because each unit can have a different model for storing patients’ medical data. In order to achieve the interoperability and integration of data from various medical units that store partial patient medical information, this paper proposes a multi-agent systems and ontology based approach. Therefore, we present an ontological model for describing the particular structure of the data integration process. The system is to be used for centralizing the information from a patient’s partial medical records. The main advantage of the proposed model is the low ratio between the complexity of the model and the amount of information that can be retrieved in order to generate the complete medical history of a patient.|
|Keywords:||Electronic Health Record, HL7 Standard, Interoperability, Multi-agent System, Ontology.|
1. Fabio Vergari, Tullio Salmon Cinotti, Alfredo D'Elia, Luca Roffia, Guido Zamagni, and Claudio Lamberti. An Integrated Framework to Achieve Interoperability in Person-Centric Health Management. International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 549282, 10 pages. 2011
2. B. Gonçalves, G. Guizzardi, J.G. Pereira Filho. Using an ECG reference ontology for semantic interoperability of ECG data. Journal of Biomedical Informatics 44, 126-136. 2011.
3. Ashraf Mohammed Iqbal. An Ontology-Based Electronic Medical Record for Chronic Disease Management. MS thesis. Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia. Februarie 2011
4. Weir Ying, Jaminda S. Wimalasiri, Pradeep Ray, Subhagata Chattopadhyay, Concepción S. Wilson. An ontology driven Multiagent approach to integrated e-Health systems. International Journal of E-Health and Medical Communications, 1(1), 28-40, January-March 2010
5. B. Orgun, J. Vu. HL7 ontology and mobile agents for interoperability in heterogeneous medical information systems. Computers in Biology and Medicine, Volume 36, Issue 7, Pages 817-836 (July 2006).
6. Tzer-Long Chen, Yu-Fang Chung, Frank Y S Lin. A Study on Agent-Based Secure Scheme for Electronic Medical Record System. Journal of Medical Systems. ISSN: 01485598. 2010
7. Thomas R. Gruber. Toward Principles for the Design of Ontologies Used for Knowledge Sharing. In International Journal Human-Computer Studies 43, p.907-928.Italia.1993
8. Huiyong Xiao. Query Processing For Heterogeneous Data Integration Using Ontologies. PhD Thesis. University of Illinois at Chicago, 2006.
9. A. Letia, M. Costin, "Onto-SimFCA: A Two-step Mapping Method for Ontologies in MAS," Advances in Electrical and Computer Engineering, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 50-55, 2008. Online.. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.4316/AECE.2008.01009
10. Jurriaan van Diggelen, Robbert-Jan Beun, Frank Dignum, Rogier M. van Eijk, John-Jules Ch. Meyer: Ontology negotiation in heterogeneous multi-agent systems: The ANEMONE system. Journal Applied Ontology - Formal Ontologies for Communicating Agents, Volume 2, Issue 3-4, August 2007
11. Parisa Rashidi, Roger T. Alexander. Onspect: ontology based aspects. In Workshop on Foundations of Aspect-Oriented Languages,Vancouver, Canada. 2008.
12. T.H. Duong, N.T. Nguyen, and G.S. Jo . Effective Backbone Techniques for Ontology Integration. In: Nguyen N.T., Szczerbicki E. (Eds): Intelligent Systems for Knowledge Management. Springer-Verlag, pp. 197-227. 2010
13. Dave Shaver. HL7 101: A beginner's guide. 2007
14. C. González, B. Blobel, D.M. López. Ontology-based interoperability service for HL7 interfaces implementation. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics Volume 155, 2010
15. Andreas Meier.Open Standards for Data Exchange in Healthcare Systems. Seminar Thesis in E-Health, University of Fribourg. 2007
16. Fang Cao. An Agent-based Knowledge Management Framework for Electronic Health Record Interoperability. Journal Of Emerging Technologies In Web Intelligence, VOL. 1, NO. 2, November 2009
17. AL Rector, R Qamar and T Marley. Binding Ontologies & Coding systems to Electronic Health Records and Messages. Journal of Applied Ontology Volume (1). pp 51-69. 2009
18. M. Cerlinca, C. Turcu, T. Cerlinca, R. Prodan. HL7 Messaging Engine with Customizable Translation System. Advances in Electrical and Computer Engineering, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 98- 101, 2010. Online.. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.4316/AECE.2010.0201
19. Anju Sharma. Mapping Health Level 7 Reference Information Model to Web Ontology Language. Master Thesis. Dalhousie University Halifax, Nova Scotia 2006
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.